May 12, 2021–The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine is accepting applications for a national project to pilot new telemedicine curriculum.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a new, asynchronous telemedicine curriculum for medical students and residents, developed by the STFM Telemedicine Task Force
Who can apply?
- Medical Schools/Departments of Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Programs
Up to 10 departments/programs will be accepted.
Selection criteria: STFM is looking for a diverse group of academic units. Diversity characteristics include geography, type of academic unit, and structure. Priority will be given to departments/programs with little or no telemedicine training opportunities.
Selected departments/programs will be expected to:
- Meet deadlines listed in the timeline
- Participate in required webinars: a pre-pilot kick-off virtual meeting and a post-pilot wrap-up virtual meeting
- Submit names and contact information for learners so they can be added to the learning management system
- Require students and/or residents to complete all modules in the curriculum. The department/program can determine how/when the modules are assigned and completed between September and December of 2021.
- Complete a post-pilot survey about effectiveness of the curriculum and how it was used
Students or residents at selected departments/programs will be expected to:
- Complete all five modules, and the evaluation at the end of each module:
- Intro to Telehealth
- The Telehealth Encounter
- Requirements for Telehealth
- Access and Equity in Telehealth
- Future of Telehealth
It will take 2-3 hours to complete all five modules.
Incentives for pilot sites:
- Residents and students will receive free access to curriculum. Note that the curriculum is free to all STFM members.
- Sites that complete all components of the pilot project will be recognized in the publication and presentations of results. In addition, faculty champions at participating sites may be invited to co-author the publication.
- June 1, 2021: Deadline for applications
- June 15 2021: Participants selected
- July 20 2021 (1:00 CT): Kick-off virtual meeting
- September 2021: Implement curriculum
- December 31, 2021: End date for use of curriculum
- January 2022: Post-pilot survey and wrap-up virtual meeting
Contact Mary Theobald, firstname.lastname@example.org