We're Coming Home With Conviction
To Our Academic FamMed Family
To Listen, Learn, and Collaborate
With Diverse, Thoughtful, and Intelligent Friends and Colleagues
While Advancing Health Outcomes for All
Within Our Communities and Our Specialty
Updated STFM Health and Safety Policy for Conference and Event Attendees
The STFM Board of Directors in cooperation with the STFM Program Committee has updated the STFM Conference Covid-19 Policy effective April 11 for the 2022 STFM Annual Spring Conference in Indianapolis.
The Executive Committee and the Program Committee considered the decline in Covid cases and Covid-related hospitalizations across most areas of the country, the CDC's latest recommendations on masking in Green Level 1 areas, our attendees being fully vaccinated and boosted, the current environment of relaxed masking and social distancing requirements around the country, and Indianapolis and JW Marriott Hotel operating at a CDC "Green Level 1". These changes are intended to provide more flexibility for attendees based on their level of comfort with masking and social distancing and include:
- Masks are encouraged but no longer required. It is up to the individual conference attendee to decide if they wish to wear a mask based on their personal comfort level.
- Social Distancing is no longer required. We will provide options that allow conference attendees to find seating in meetings and at events where they are most comfortable.
- STFM will still require an attestation of being fully vaccinated for Covid to attend. Conference attendees who requested a vaccination exemption are required to wear a mask at all conference meetings and events. To date, this number of preregistered attendees requesting an exemption is extremely small.
- Conference meals will be offered as grab and go to allow individuals the flexibility to eat with others or in their room.
- STFM reserves the right to modify these policies up to and throughout the dates of the conference should conditions warrant a less flexible approach to masking/social distancing.
- We ask all attendees to respect the decisions of your fellow conference attendees.