The STFM Medical Editing Fellowship provides one faculty member a yearlong experience with the editorial and publishing teams at Family Medicine. Through this part-time, virtual fellowship, early or mid-career faculty receive coaching and hands-on experience to improve their skills in writing, reviewing, and editing scientific papers. The fellowship begins in May.
STFM’s Medical Editing Fellowship provides new faculty with hands-on experience at the Family Medicine journal. You'll:
- Identify the characteristics and value of of well-written research papers and narrative essays, and practice evaluating submissions.
- Experience the manuscript submission process and become expert in using the journal’s editorial software system
- Act as an assistant editor by selecting peer reviewers, following-up reviews, and writing professional decision letters
- Go behind the scenes to understand what happens between acceptance and publication
- Gain an appreciation for the core ethical principles that guide the operation of scientific journals
- Improve medical writing skills