This program is designed to be a catalyst for developing future leaders in STFM and other areas of academic family medicine. The program provides funding to send 10 participants to the STFM Annual Spring Conference. These New Faculty Scholars must be STFM members who have served at least 2 years but no more than 4 years as full-time faculty and who exhibit outstanding leadership potential. Since its inception in 1988, this program has supported the attendance of 143 new faculty at this conference. Attendance at national meetings is one way to help develop leaders and leadership skills.
NEW! Dedicated Funding for Underrepresented in Medicine Faculty
Make sure to check out what others have to say about this scholarship!
As a New Faculty Scholar, you'll receive:
- Up to $1,000 in travel and hotel expenses, as well as funding for the registration fees to attend the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Advising—a seasoned coach will be assigned to help you become a leader in STFM
- Networking—interact and expand your professional network with STFM leaders and members
- Scholarly activity—present a session at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Recognition—be recognized at special events, such as the STFM Foundation Reception