STFM’s Addiction Collaborative has developed a new, national addiction curriculum – for residents and faculty – using evidence-based teaching principles. The curriculum includes 12 addiction medicine modules with interactive content, handouts, videos, supplemental resources, and assessments. Most modules are estimated to ~1- 1.5 hours to complete. Module topics include:
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Addiction as a Chronic Disease
- Taking a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) History
- Safe Prescribing of Opiates
- Urine Drug Screening
- Tobacco Use Disorder
- Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
- Inpatient Management of OUD
- OUD and Pregnancy
- Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
- Inpatient Management of AUD
- Health Equity and Vulnerable Populations
- Stimulant Use Disorder
To access the modules, you'll need to create a free student account with Canvas. The code for enrolling in the free curriculum is B43CN8.
Watch this tutorial to learn more about enrolling.