Coordinator of Conferences & Special Projects
The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM), a 501(c)(6) professional association, is dedicated to advancing family medicine to improve health through a community of teachers and scholars. We provide resources, training, and advocacy to help health professionals at medical schools and residency programs educate future family physicians. We are an equal opportunity employer; diversity is a core value of our organization.
The Coordinator of Conferences and Special Projects will assist with conference related planning and support for STFM and managed organization ADFM (Association of Departments of Family Medicine). Key elements of the job will be a close working relationship with senior administration, a focus on event planning and management, and a strong commitment to customer service during events.
You will report to the Director of Conferences and work with team members from across the organization in support of events and projects. The Society's headquarters is located in Leawood, Kansas and offers an outstanding work environment, competitive nonprofit salary, and a great benefit package. The office has recently shifted to 60% remote work and will consider 100% remote work for a new hire residing outside the Kansas City area.
STFM and ADFM together host four primary conference events over the course of the year. Smaller collaborative meetings and member specific events are also typical for the organization.
The main responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM):
- Assist Director of Conferences with hotel RFP and contract process
- Provide in-office support and on-site registration and support for conferences
- Manage conference partnerships
- Manage on-site registration staff and logistics at conferences
- Support Conference on Practice Improvement Steering Committee
- Manage logistics and contract negotiation for STFM small meetings
- Support call for proposals processes for conferences
- Supports Cirector of Conferences as needed
- Work with hotel and staff to prepare function sheets/banquet event orders for meetings
- Review and code hotel bills
- Manage special projects
- Support Virtual conferences/virtual conference components
- Manage VA and faculty development workshops
Association of Departments of Family Medicine (ADFM):
- Assist Director of Conferences in reviewing hotel RFP and review contracts
- Provide in-office support and on-site registration and support for ADFM Winter Meeting
- Coordinate hotel and AV arrangements, as needed; process speaker reimbursements
- Prepare and review all function sheets and banquet event orders for meetings
- Review and code hotel bills
- Attend monthly Program Committee planning calls
- Assist Executive Director with CAFM meeting logistics (A/V, F&B, rooms, etc.)
- Schedule ADFM meetings held during AAMC; order food & beverage, and AV
Perform other duties as assigned
- Organized, assertiveness, enthusiasm, intelligence, event focused, relationship builder
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business, event management or related field plus at least 2 years of experience
- Well-developed analytical and communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Resourceful with a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to work and think independently, while taking ownership of projects to ensure they are fully implemented and on schedule
- Ability to travel regularly to meeting and member sites
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and in alignment with similar positions in other nonprofit associations of a similar size
- Positive, collaborative office environment where professional development is supported
- Excellent benefit package with health, dental, vision, disability insurance. Generous vacation benefit.
Think you’re a great fit?
Send your resume, salary expectations, along with a cover letter explaining why you would be an asset to the team.Apply Now at Indeed.com