The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, a non-profit professional association of family medicine educators located in Leawood, KS, is seeking a talented individual to serve as administrative specialist to the executive director/CEO and work closely with our development manager.
As an employee of STFM, you will actively contribute to the mission of our organization and develop new skills that build on your strengths. We support our staff in a number of ways to foster a healthy work environment, including meaningful work, inclusion, work-life balance, and a competitive compensation and benefits program.
The administrative specialist should have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, be able to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency, and be willing to learn new things as the position demands. This full-time position requires at least 2 years' college experience, 5 years’ experience providing administrative support to senior level staff, a positive attitude, and the desire to be a part of a team who believe in supporting each other and, most importantly, taking care of our members' needs. Non-profit work experience is helpful.
Skills Required in Exemplary Candidates:
- A minimum of 2-years of college experience
- Five or more years of administrative assistant/specialist experience supporting senior management
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Highly proficient computer skills, particularly for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with using database software specific to fund-raising is a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with high profile member contacts
- Ability to draft general correspondence that is professional, clear, and grammatically correct
- Effective team member and ambassador for the Society
- Respect for, and maintenance of, confidential matters
- Desire for personal continuous professional development
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal supervision
- Flexible with ability to operate well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Previous board support experience preferred
- Some travel, evening, and weekend work required
- Three Board meetings a year, including staffing the Annual Spring Conference and other STFM conferences as needed (approximately 11-15 days a year)
This full-time position offers a 35-hour work week with excellent health and vacation benefits, 401K plan, and a great work environment. Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Mindy Householder at email@example.com.