December 15, 2021—The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine seeks a volunteer co-editor for its popular STFM Education Column. The co-editor will serve a 2-year term. The column, published monthly in the STFM Messenger, focuses on descriptions of innovative undergraduate or graduate medical education curricula, solutions to address common educational challenges, innovative ways for promoting faculty development, fresh ideas for engaging, recruiting, and retraining preceptors, and other hot educational topics.
- Recruit people (STFM members preferred) to write articles for the STFM Education Column
- Select content for 12 columns per year and work with authors to revise and improve submissions prior to publication
- Participate in regular calls with the senior co-editor
- Time commitment averages about 1-2 hours per week
- Applicant must be an active STFM member
- Applicant must be a faculty member in a department of family medicine or family medicine residency
- Applicant must be able to serve a 2-year term
- Writing and reviewing experience necessary
Email the following materials to Traci Brazelton at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 4, 2021:
- Personal Statement of Interest (max 350 words)
- Curriculum vitae, including previous editorial work
- A sample of your writing (ie, a manuscript that you have submitted or published. Draft manuscripts will NOT be circulated and will only be used to assess writing style and interests.)
Applicants will be screened by the STFM Communications Committee. The committee will evaluate applicants based on their curriculum vitae and personal statements. Interviews may be conducted at the committee’s discretion prior to making a final decision.