March 27,2020— The STFM Ethics and Humanities Collaborative is excited to announce the 2020 STFM Annual Poetry and Prose Contest winners.
- 1st – The Fever – Aimee Burke Valeras, Ph. D. LICSW
- 2nd – People Who Go Between – Rosemary Cotter, MD
- Honorable Mention – Trace – Mark Knudson, MD, MSPH
- 1st – Anyway – Kari Beth Watts, DO
- 2nd – Natsai and Esmeralda – Takudswa Shumba MD, MPH
- Honorable Mention – Transitions – Megan Lung, DO
- 1st – Giving Rest/Treatment Plan – Sarah Stumbar MD, MPH
- 2nd – Hypertension Haiku – Sonya Shipley, MD FAAFP
- Honorable Mention – Sterotype Threat - Takudswa Shumba MD, MPH
The theme of this year's contest was: The Footsteps of Family Medicine: Expressions of Journeys Past, Present and Future.
First and second place were awarded for each category. The first and the second place prize in each category is $50 each. Winning pieces will be on display at the 2020 STFM Annual Conference and awardees will have the opportunity to read their works at the Annual Poetry and Prose Reading at the conference.
A congratulatory letter will be sent to their Chair and/or Dean.