John Delzell, MD, MSPH joins this episode of the podcast to share the importance of scholarly activity in strengthening residency programs and institutions. He shares his belief that asking clinical or quality improvement questions can drive us to be better doctors and provides some practical tips on how to find a starting place when answering a research question. Dr Delzell and our hosts share ways that students and residents can get involved in the research process.
Hosted by Tochi Iroku-Malize, MD, MPH, MBA, and Omari Hodge, MD, FAAFP.
- Fostering Scholarship in Medical Education: Resources for Authors and Reviewers (AAMC website)
- Expanding the View of Scholarship
- STFM URM Scholarship Webinar Series
- STFM New Faculty Scholars Scholarship Webinars
- CAFM Educational Research Alliance (CERA)
- Tips for New Researchers
The URM Journey to Academic Medicine Podcast, also known as the URM JAM, is hosted by Tochi Iroku-Malize, MD, MPH, MBA, FAAFP and Omari A. Hodge, MD, FAAFP.
We address the real and perceived barriers faced by historically Underrepresented in Medicine residents and students when considering a career in academic family medicine, and provide practical tips and personal advice on topics like leadership, scholarly activity, CVs, mentorship, and more.