The STFM Nominations Committee is accepting self-nominations for positions on the STFM Board of Directors:
The Nominations Committee considers many factors when selecting candidates, including:
- Specific perspectives and expertise desired for optimal Board performance, such as, leadership experience, critical thinking, and vision
- Unique expertise of the individual
- Commitment to representing the interests of STFM and its membership over personal interests
- History of STFM involvement
- Diversity in a broad sense: gender, age, degree, race, ethnicity, role, geography, etc.
About the Process
Over a series of several meetings, the Nominations Committee will review the applications of those who self-nominate this year, others who have self-nominated in the past 3 years, individuals who fit the perspectives most needed on the Board in a particular year, as well as names/applications maintained on a roster of potential future leaders. Per the STFM bylaws, the Nominations Committee recommends to the membership a slate of candidates for the open Board positions. Those candidates on the slate submit a personal history, position statement, answers to leadership questions, and a short video. These materials are shared with all STFM members eligible to vote. The bylaws require a membership vote on the slate.
The deadline for applications for consideration for the 2020 Board positions is August 12, 2019. The Nominations Committee will confirm candidates by January 1, 2020. Individuals who self-nominate will receive notification of the Committee’s decisions shortly after these confirmations are made.
How to Apply
Send a photo and statement of interest listing your experience in the requested areas (no more than two pages) to Pat Lodge at email@example.com.