- Program Directors Survey proposals are due March 25
CERA, the CAFM Educational Research Alliance, is now accepting proposals for research questions for its annual surveys of clerkship directors and program directors. The survey will be conducted in spring 2015. The deadline for clerkship director proposals is February 26. The deadline for program director proposals is March 25.
The survey will collect demographic information in addition to submitted questions. Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to result in high-quality, peer-reviewed publications.
You must be a member of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, Association of Departments of Family Medicine and/or North American Primary Care Research Group to submit a proposal. Once projects have been approved, an experienced mentor will join each project team to help refine questions, facilitate analysis, and prepare and submit manuscripts. Because of their extensive involvement, mentors should be included as authors on published papers/presentations.
Researchers whose questions are included in the survey will have exclusive access to their portion of the survey results for 90 days. After that, the data will be made available in the CERA clearinghouse.
CERA is a resource to:
- Increase the quality and frequency of published medical education research
- Reduce the number of surveys members are asked to complete
- Provide mentoring and education to junior researchers
- Provide a clearinghouse of data faculty and residents can use to meet scholarly activity requirements
For additional information or questions, contact Ray Biggs.