Proposals for the Clerkship Directors' Survey and the General Member Survey are due February 24
CERA, the CAFM Educational Research Alliance, is now accepting proposals for research questions two annual surveys:
- Clerkship Directors
- General Membership of STFM, AFMRD, ADFM, and NAPCRG. This survey will specifically target members who are not physicians.
The surveys will be conducted in late spring, 2017.
The surveys will collect demographic information in addition to submitted questions. Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to result in high-quality, peer-reviewed publications.
You must be a member of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, Association of Departments of Family Medicine and/or North American Primary Care Research Group to submit a proposal. Once projects have been approved, an experienced mentor will join each project team to help refine questions, facilitate analysis, and prepare and submit manuscripts. Because of their extensive involvement, mentors should be included as authors on published papers/presentations.
Researchers whose questions are included in the survey will have exclusive access to their portion of the survey results for 90 days. After that, the data will be made available in the CERA clearinghouse.
CERA is a resource to:
- Increase the quality and frequency of published medical education research
- Reduce the number of surveys members are asked to complete
- Provide mentoring and education to junior researchers
- Provide a clearinghouse of data faculty and residents can use to meet scholarly activity requirements
For additional information or questions, contact Ray Biggs.