Students, residents, and fellows are invited to participate in a blog writing competition, where the top blog post author in each category will receive a $300 gift card. Blog posts should answer the question, "what will family medicine look like in 10 years?" in honor of STFM's upcoming 50th anniversary.
There are two submission groups and three finalists will be chosen from each group:
- Medical students
The student competition opens July 15 and blog posts are due October 1.
- Residents and fellows in family medicine training programs
The resident/fellow competition opens October 15 and blog posts are due December 1.
To submit a blog post, send the following to Sarah at email@example.com:
- Your name and school, residency, or work location
- A blog post in a text or Word document between 400-900 words in length
Judging and Winner Determination
- All entries will be screened for compliance with eligibility requirements, basic writing quality, and conformance with the prescribed topic.
- The blog posts of the top 3 finalists in each category will be posted on the STFM blog, and the first place winner in each category will be chosen based on social media engagement (shares, likes and favorites on social media sites), and overall traffic to and number of comments on the blog post in a 1-month period.
First place winner in each category (student and resident/fellows) will receive a $300 gift card. Remaining two finalists in each category will receive a $150 gift card.
The resident finalists have until January 15 to collect the most views, comments, and shares.
The student finalists had until November 28 to collect the most views, comments, and shares.
Past Competition Finalist Blog Posts
The following are the 2015 student finalists.
The following are the 2015 resident/fellow finalists.