Mission: To promote and develop support for STFM and its mission and goals.
Since 1975, the STFM Foundation has supported the mission of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
Leadership development is a key priority of the STFM Foundation. Your donations have helped hundreds of STFM members expand their knowledge and become leaders in academic family medicine through:
- Since 2008, the Group Project Fund
has awarded $230,000 to 18 groups
- Faculty for Tomorrow, launched in
April 2015, raised $125,000 in its
inaugural year (goal of $130,000 for
the 2-year campaign)
- The Foundation has funded:
- 30 Bishop Fellowships
- 27 Marion Bishop Lectures
- 36 Blanchard Lectures
- 22 International Scholars
- 98 Program Enhancements
Special Project Fund
Your STFM Foundation makes periodic grants to fund projects to meet needs identified by the STFM Board of Directors. Your donations have allowed for:
STFM Project Fund
The STFM Project Fund rewards creative and collaborative research proposals from STFM Communities.
Your donations have supported dozens of scholarly activities including projects on:
- Early assessment of residents’ clinical skills
- Teaching core principles of behavioral science
- Medical school admission policies and the family medicine pipeline
- Development of a web-based, competency-based curriculum on adolescent health
Founder Recognition Award and Lecture
Your donations provide ongoing support for the:
- F. Marian Bishop Leadership Award: Each year, your STFM Foundation presents an award in honor of F. Marian Bishop, PhD, the Foundation’s founding member and former president. The award recognizes individuals who have significantly enhanced the credibility of family medicine through a sustained, long-term commitment to family medicine in academic settings.
- Leland Blanchard Memorial Lecture: This annual event was established in memory of Leland Blanchard, MD. Dr Blanchard was a major contributor to the development of family medicine and was a charter member of STFM. These moving lectures are part of each STFM Annual Spring Conference.
Consider a Gift to the STFM Foundation
Won’t you be an active part of your Foundation? Your gift makes a difference to the future of family medicine education. Although most of the programs and initiatives funded by the Foundation directly benefit STFM members, their impact is much broader.
All gifts are tax deductible.