February 9-12, 2017 • Marriott Anaheim Hotel • Anaheim, CA
2017 is STFM’s 50th Anniversary! Don’t miss your opportunity be a part of the festivities at this year’s Conference on Medical Student Education. We’re expecting record-breaking attendance, so this is the ideal time to showcase your work, learn from the success of others, and cultivate new ideas. Kick off the celebration and get the skills and tools you need to prepare your medical students to lead and prosper in a new environment of patient care.
Join us in Anaheim and learn how your colleagues are revolutionizing family medicine education. Share your medical student education wisdom, learn new skills, gain new ideas, and be re-inspired. And most importantly, network, meet new colleagues, and reacquaint with old friends.
Be sure to book your flight in time to attend STFM’s 50th Anniversary kick-off.
Be part of STFM’s 50th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday, February 9, 6-8 pm. Join us in the Medical Student Educators’ Village for opening remarks, refreshments, games, STFM information tables, and the conference’s first poster session. Wear gold!
At this year's conference, you'll learn about:
- Education in the community setting
- Novel curriculum developments, particularly interprofessional education
- The role medical student educators play in the success of Family Medicine for America’s Health
- Consistent and accurate evaluation of student competency
- Increasing diversity
- Incorporating the AAMC’s Entrustable Professional Activities
- Strategies for recruitment of students to family medicine
- Teaching mentorship across junior faculty, residents, and
- Using digital technology to teach and assess students
- How to recruit, retain, and reward community preceptors
Who Should Attend?
This conference is for anyone involved in the education of medical students. Bring your students, residents, and community preceptors and pass on the excitement for academic family medicine.
Call for Presentations
The call for presentations for the 2017 STFM Conference on Medical Student Education is now closed.
Contact the STFM Office at 800-274-7928, ext. 5415.