The yearlong Leading Change Fellowship educates and empowers mid-career and senior faculty in clinical leadership roles to lead change within their institutions, larger surrounding environments, and at the national level.
Who Should Apply
Two-person teams of mid-career and senior faculty in clinical leadership roles. Examples of team members include medical directors, clinical directors, clinical managers, practice coordinators, nursing leaders, behavioral health providers. At least one team member must be an STFM member. Team members do not have to work at the same program/practice. Interprofessional dyads are encouraged to apply.
STFM’s Leading Change Fellowship is designed specifically for leadership teams of two.
- Join a community of leadership teams committed to practice transformation
- Interact regularly with faculty advisors as you engage in your change process
- Implement a practice change project with the assistance of experienced advisors and present it to a national audience at the Conference on Practice Improvement
- Attend the STFM Conference on Practice Improvement 2 years in a row where you can tap the wisdom of national thought leaders in family medicine teaching practices
- Refresh your skills at the STFM Annual Spring Conference with fellowship-specific programming
- Build leadership skills that strengthen change processes in your organization.
This competitive, yearlong fellowship is uniquely designed to maximize the effectiveness of teams in transformational change.
- STFM Conference on Practice Improvement December 1-4, 2016 • Newport Beach, CA
- 10 monthly conference calls with faculty and fellows January through November
- STFM Annual Spring Conference May 5-9, 2017 • San Diego, CA
- STFM Conference on Practice Improvement November 30- December 3, 2017 • Louisville, KY
Attendance/participation of in-person meetings and monthly conference calls by both fellows is required for graduation.
The program fee is $6,600 for two participants. This covers program materials and expenses plus registration fees for two STFM Conferences on Practice Improvement and one STFM Annual Spring Conference for both fellows. Participants pay travel expenses.
Applications are due in August.
For More Information
Contact Melissa Abuel.