The yearlong Emerging Leaders Fellowship offers training, tools, and support for new faculty and those who are transitioning to leadership roles.
STFM’s Emerging Leaders Fellowship is designed specifically for family
medicine educators. You'll:
- Take on a
leadership role right from the beginning of the program.
- Lead a team in completion of a project and then present your results.
- Get connected to accomplished leaders who will share tips on motivating others and handling difficult people and situations.
- Present your work and connect with STFM leadership.
- Attend the
STFM Annual Spring Conference 2 years in a row. Nothing tops this
conference for networking, exposure, and presentation experience.
- Program acceptance notifications sent out
- Attendance at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Preconference workshop on leadership
- Leadership labs
Summer and Fall:
- Leadership Practicum: gain valuable experience while leading a group to complete important work
- Participate in leadership conference calls
- Attend a mid-year workshop
- Participate in Peer Synergy Groups
- Lead your team to completion
- Prepare your presentations for Annual Spring Conference
- Attend additional leadership programming, graduation, and wrap-up meeting
- Present your poster at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
The registration fee for the Emerging Leaders Fellowship is $2,900. This covers the
session fee, plus registration fees for two STFM Annual Spring
Conferences. Participants pay travel expenses.
Applications are due in January. Download the application (pdf).
For More Information
Contact Melissa Abuel.