The STFM Innovative Program Award honors excellence in the development of an original educational
program or activity for family medicine residents, students, or faculty. The award recognizes a broad interpretation
of innovative family medicine programs to include innovative
residency programs, clerkships, services, curricula, or other
that have had a significant, positive impact on family medicine
The Communications Committee will rate programs
based on the
- innovativeness of the program or activity,
- sustained impact on home institution, and
- regional/national impact on family medicine education.
- A nominator who is an STFM member, although nominee may be a member or a nonmember; self-nomination is acceptable.
- A statement from the nominator citing the program/activity's
impact on improving resident, student, or faculty education,
and the regional or national significance of the program/activity and the nominee's involvement
in the program or activity development,
- Up to an additional three letters of support from individuals
familiar with the program or activity, whether participants,
graduates, or supervisors
- Appropriate program materials for selection committee review
Complete the nomination form, compile supporting materials, and send them electronically to Jan Cartwright, by October 17, 2016.
STFM Communications Committee will screen the nominations, and
the STFM Board of Directors will make the final selection. Recipients for this award will be honored during STFM's Annual Spring Conference in San Diego, CA, May 5-9, 2016. The award winner will receive a commemorative award and a complimentary registration to the STFM Annual Spring Conference.
Download a nomination form (Word doc)