This award honors STFM member(s) for outstanding work in political advocacy at the local, state, or national level. The recipient's efforts are not restricted to legislative work but cannot be solely individual patient advocacy.
Nominations Are Rated Based on:
- Successful progress toward the achievement of the advocate’s goals with clear articulation of advocacy plan and actions
- Innovativeness of program or activity
- Generalizability of the project or process
- Sustained impact on local, state or national arena
- Documentation that advocate's work inspired others to work for advocate's mission or to develop their own
The nominator must be an STFM member
The nominee must be an STFM member
Nominator must submit a statement citing the nominee's involvement in a major advocacy effort(s), and appropriate program or advocacy materials, including description of the activity or plan
Up to three additional letters of support from individuals familiar with the program or activity will be accepted
Curriculum vitae of the nominee
The recipient(s) of this award are honored during the STFM Annual Spring Conference. The award winner will receive a commemorative award and a complimentary registration to the conference.
Nominators are asked to accumulate the nomination requirements and send electronically, along with a nomination form, to Hope Wittenberg by October 17, 2014.
Nomination Form (Word doc)