Deadline for applications is April 1, 2017
The yearlong Leading Change Fellowship educates and empowers mid-career and senior faculty in clinical leadership roles to lead change within their institutions, larger surrounding environments, and at the national level.
The chair will serve a 2-year term from December 2017 to December 2019, with review of fellow applications beginning in September 2017. There is an option to serve a second term.
Chair responsibilities include:
- Working with the fellowship faculty to develop and facilitate fellowship content focused around change leadership
- Working with faculty to plan monthly 1-hour conference calls with fellows
- Developing agenda for and facilitating a 1-day workshop at the STFM Conference on Practice Improvement
- Developing agenda for and facilitating a 1-day workshop at the STFM Annual Spring Conference
- Serving as an advisor for fellows on their practicum projects
- Developing periodic reports for the STFM Board of Directors
- Promoting and recruiting for the Leading Change Fellowship
- Participating in the review and selection of fellowship applicants
The Chair will be reimbursed up to $800 in travel expenses (for each conference) to facilitate training at the Conference on Practice Improvement and the STFM Annual Spring Conference.
Submit a letter of interest with qualifications (2 pages max) to Melissa Abuel by April 1. Include your name, degrees, job title, and program/institution name.